5 Tricks To Help With Blogging For Your Business
Blogging regularly can take a lot of resources. But fortunately there are some great tips and tools to help with it.
It’s extremely important to stay organized when blogging. Why? You want to make sure that your blog posts are consistent week after week, whether in topic or in frequency. There is one trick that helps us stay organized, and we swear by it! What is it?
- Create a monthly content calendar. Use a spreadsheet or a calendar and start laying out your blog posts by month. You can do a new theme each month, something that we practice, or a new theme each week, or mix it up all the time. The important thing is to stay consistent. If you do not have a lot of resources, don’t plan to blog 5 days a week one week and then stop for 2 months. Instead, blog once a week consistently until you can increase your content. A calendar will help keep you on the right track.
For Content Ideas:
Sometimes we all get a bit stuck when it comes to content creation, especially if you are trying to stay fresh and not repeat content too often. The good news is that we have some ideas to help with your writer’s block.
- Search Trends. Every industry has something that is trending right now. And by writing about what everyone in your industry is wondering about/searching for, it will help you stay current and relevant with your audience. So how do you find what is trending? You can set up Google Alerts for industry-specific news, or look into BuzzSumo to see what types of articles are share-worthy.
- Use a Guest Blogger. You don’t have to rely on just one person in your company to do all of the blogging. Utilize a guest blogger to help out every now and then. Each department has someone that is an expert at their specific job, so why not utilize their expertise every now and then. For example, we had our Search Services Supervisor, Diana, write about some SEO tips and our Customer Service Manager, Jen, write about tips for staying productive during busy times.
One thing that really makes blog posts stand out, and also perform well on social media platforms, are images. Now we all aren’t blessed with great images on hand and/or wonderful graphic design skills, but we can act like it with some of these great tools!
- Canva. This is like photoshop for non-designers. A free tool where you can create all sorts of graphics and they provide some great templates to help get you started. About 80% of our blog graphics are made on Canva, so we highly recommend giving them a try.
- Stock Images. Take advantage of images that others have taken and published. There are a ton of free stock image websites out there that allow you to use the photos they have for commercial use. Some of our favorites are:
Don’t let blogging overwhelm you. Take a few moments in the beginning of each month and set up your content schedule, then utilize some of these resources to execute it!
What are some resources that you use for your blogging efforts? We would love to learn about more!