Give Yourself An Attitude Makeover
It’s very easy to wake up in a bad mood, feel as if you must drag yourself to work, and not want to be there. But each day brings an opportunity to reinvent yourself and reform your attitude. Having a positive attitude can make a large impact on your life as well as make an impact on the customers you interact with on a daily basis. It always starts with you.
“I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.” –Martha Washington
By taking inventory of your current attitude, you can determine the effect you’re having on others, be it positive or negative. One of the simplest ways of changing your attitude is to change the mindset you have when approaching problems. Life isn’t always going to be easy and tough situations will always be present. But you have the ability to learn from these situations and treat them as an opportunity rather than a problem.
Attitudes are feelings and beliefs that largely determine how people perceive their environment. Your attitude eventually leads to your behaviors and actions, which affect the relationships you have with other people. There are many ways to express a positive attitude, such as being positive around the individuals whom you have daily contact, being a sensitive listener so others can regain positive focus and laughing more so your attitude will be infectious and others can pick it up. Putting these principles to work in your life can have a tremendous effect on people’s lives.
How to improve your attitude:
1. Use humor – the more you develop your sense of humor, the more positive you’ll become.
2. Getting up early and taking a walk in the morning is a great way to start the day. Fifteen or twenty minutes is plenty of time for a quick walk in the brisk morning air.
3. The only one who can give you a good attitude is you. And the great news is, it can happen whenever you want it to. You don’t need permission from anyone to change it.
4. Avoid having too many obligations by learning to say no.
5. Gain balance between career and family.
6. Don’t procrastinate and limit the amount of distractions around.
7. Eliminate negative friends. You may be trying to stay positive, but if your friends or coworkers are negative, it may make for a losing battle.
8. No one ever made a friend or accomplished anything worthwhile by transmitting bad news. Good news, on the other hand, promotes good will and spreads enthusiasm.
9. Appreciate everything. Do not take anything for granted; appreciate even the smallest things you have. Wishing for something you may never get will only make you depressed and may result in a poor attitude.
10. Take charge of your destiny – if you don’t, someone else will.
Let us know how you combat bad attitudes in the comments! For more tips, please visit: http://www.agrimarketingdigital.com/?iid=32923
Leave A Comment