14 Ways to Use Video Marketing
Remember when it was enough to just have a decent-looking website with a few pretty pictures? How times have changed!! Business owners are constantly having to think of new, innovative ideas to grab potential customers attention once they land on their website. This is where video marketing comes into play. Many marketers know that they need videos on their website, but most don’t know where to start.
Today, as one of the fastest growing marketing tactics, video use, both live and pre-recorded, can really take your online presence to the next level. And, with the predictions that video will account for 69% of all consumers internet traffic by 2017, not taking advantage of this trend will only hurt your business in the long-run. Want to hop on the bandwagon? Below are some video ideas you can incorporate into your marketing campaign to start the new year strong.
Pre-Recorded Video Ideas:
- Create a “thank you” video for your customers. This will show them how appreciative you are for their business. It can be short and sweet and even done on a cell phone!
- Film a short clip of someone highlighting a new product you offer. Show how the product functions and the different features it offers. Also, discuss how this product can bring their business to the next level.
- Take your customer testimonials to the next level by making them into a video. Keep these no longer than 15-20 seconds each and have your customers tell why they love doing business with you. A more extended version can highlight one of your customers using the new equipment that they purchased and how it has helped their business and/or day to day operations run smoothly.
- Create a short introduction to your dealership and mission. Let your customers know where your company is headed in 2016 and the goals you would like to accomplish together. For example, ask your dealership’s General Manager to record a 2 minute video thanking customers for their loyalty and giving a high-level overview of what’s to come in the new year, such as new products, stores, offerings, team members, etc.
- Turn your blog posts into “how to videos” for further explanation and examples. For example, show your customers how to prepare their lawn, truck or excavator for the upcoming winter season.
- For those who have had more experience shooting video, you can create longer product demo videos incorporating white boards and powerpoint presentations for further explanations into your products.
- Create longer interviews with key members of your business. This is a great way for customers to get to know your business on a different level. Interview your dealership’s owner talking about how the business got started. Did their passion for this business start at a young age? Was it a family-run business past down for generations? People love hearing personal stories behind your brand.
Live Video Ideas:
1.Use Periscope to broadcast trendy events you attend in your industry. Periscope is a video streaming application that allows users to feel as if they are apart of the event, without having to physically be there. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but video gives a more real experience. For example, use Periscope at dealer trade shows, open houses, and when guest speakers come to visit.
2. Host a live Q & A session. Are you constantly getting asked about a certain feature on that new piece of inventory? A live Q & A session can help solve the problem! Allow users to log into a video session, such as Google Hangouts, during a specific time where they can ask you whatever questions they may have. There is no better way to show your dealership’s expertise then through one of these sessions.
3. Live stream a guest speaker who comes to your dealership. For example, maybe you have a spokesperson from a brand you’re authorized to sell come into your dealership to do a live presentation about a new product launch. Streaming these types of sessions are a great way to get others involved who may not be able to attend the event in person. If you currently aren’t hosting sessions like this, why not try it out in the future!
4. Stream a day at the office. Take the time to highlight your different departments and what they are currently working on. This will give your customers a chance to see how dealership operates on a day-to-day basis.
5. Record other relevant events that happen at your office. For example, Small Business Saturday, a health and wellness day, demo day, a one day sale and different holiday themed events.
6. Use Google Hangout or Skype to personally thank your customers on special occasions, such as a one year anniversary. Google Hangout and Skype are applications where you can turn any conversation into a video call or message with multiple people.
7. Show a live demo with your sales reps and allow viewers to ask questions after. The sales rep could offer a different perspective on products to the customers and get an understanding of what they really want. This will give the customer a solution and make the process run smoothly overall.
Did you know that 82% of surveyed marketers said that video marketing has had a positive impact on their business? With the HUGE amount of potential success and the tips above, there should be no reason you don’t start strategizing now! And remember, don’t be scared to make your videos fun and personal. People like to feel as if your dealership has a more human-side, and there is no better way to display this than through videos! We would love to see your videos, so please share them with us at email@example.com. Have fun!
Video Marketing in 2017 | Commercial Web Services Blog / April 25, 2017
[…] introduced the concept of video marketing for the first time in 2016, and then again in our recent blog post on the declining consumer […]