Sometimes Keywords & Backlinks Aren’t Enough to Improve Search Rankings
Frequently updating your business’ website helps create a quality user experience, but did you know that it could also help improve its search engine rankings? This means not relying solely on keywords and backlinks to help your dealership’s site surface in results and increasing your efforts to create new content!
Search engines assign priority to websites that are regularly updated, because they understand the importance of the user experience. The same way that your business serves audiences, search engines have audiences that they serve, too: people searching online. Like any service provider, search engines strive to create a positive experience – for them, this would mean producing the most relevant and up-to-date websites in their results to best serve their audiences’ needs. A regularly updated website sends signals to search engines implying that it has the most current and relevant content available and, thusly, can offer a richer experience to the user who finds it in their search results. Therefore, a site that is more frequently updated than a competitor’s site could earn SEO benefits, such as boosts in rankings and more traffic from organic results.
Following are some simple ways to update your dealership’s website for SEO purposes:
- Avoid leaving the site untouched over long periods of time; try making updates at least once monthly
- Upload inventory as soon as it becomes available
- When specials and events are announced in-store, announce them on the site
- Add a few new pages full of relevant content throughout each year
- Include a blog, news, or newsletter section to update on a regular basis
- Improve and edit textual content frequently with new information and keywords
- Feature new testimonials as soon as you get them
- Casually acquire new backlinks from related sites that are also frequently updated
Keeping your site updated with fresh inventory and content is a similar concept to keeping your sales floor current and maintaining the site is just as important as the upkeep of the brick and mortar. When inventory, specials, events, and new information become available to walk-in customers, let your website customers know, too – and while doing so, you’re effectively drawing the search engines’ attention and potentially earning higher rankings!
To learn more about keeping your website updated for SEO benefits or to share your thoughts, feel free to comment below!
google / April 11, 2015
I’ll right away take hold of your rss as I can’t in finding your e-mail
subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any?
Kindly allow me understand in order that I may
just subscribe. Thanks.