How to Work Around the New Facebook Algorithm Changes
Facebook has done it again! The social media giant has made additional adjustments to its algorithm, which is no surprise to marketers. However, the changes recently implemented affect business accounts in a big way.
We recently wrote about how low link quality is affecting your business page’s placement in your followers’ newsfeeds. Other factors that were changed, according to Social Media Today, were related to video viewership and engagement bait in posts. However, one brand has done a fantastic job of working around these changes and sustaining their engagement.
The Vitamin Shoppe has taken a creative approach to their Facebook strategy to ensure they continue to get page and post views despite the recent algorithm changes. They’ve decided to do three strategic things:
- Utilize Facebook Live More: The company has already noticed that Facebook favors Facebook Live videos. Currently they’re utilizing this platform about once a week to remain in front of their followers. With the algorithm change, they’re going to boost this up to twice a week, with their ultimate goal being that they connect their followers with employees at one of the 20 newly redesigned stores. Content in their videos will include workout sessions, health and wellness classes, and taste tests.
- Partner with Influencers: By partnering with influencers in the health and fitness industry, The Vitamin Shoppe is not only appealing to their audience, but their getting access to the influencer’s audience as well. Influencers like to promote their partnerships and so telling their followers to tune into The Vitamin Shoppe’s Facebook Live video, attracts a new group of potential followers.
- Create Exclusive Groups: The Vitamin Shoppe has taken advantage of the Group feature on Facebook. They’ve created groups based on niche topics, such as sports nutrition, healthy eating, body building and more. Not only does this keep followers engaged and shows the level of interest in the brand’s product, but better yet, the changed algorithm doesn’t impact Groups. This means that if they post in a group, it will definitely show on the follower’s newsfeed and they’ll even get a notification about it as well.
How can you apply these techniques to your dealership?
- Video: Try utilizing video more since Facebook favors this type of content the most. Whether it’s video of an employee operating a piece of equipment or maybe a Facebook Live video that’s a tour of your dealership, it will get you into your followers’ newsfeeds. It’s also a great way to create a personal connection with them, despite it being through a screen.
- Client Testimonials: Think of creative ways to feature client testimonials. Maybe incentivize former clients to post on social media about their experience, and they’ll get a free service check-up or an early look at a new piece of equipment coming in.
- Groups: Create Facebook Groups that your customers can join. Then post regularly in them with tips about different types of equipment, when they should consider scheduling a service check, or latest relevant industry news.
Even though Facebook and other social platforms will continue to constantly change, following The Vitamin Shoppe’s lead and coming up with some creative workarounds to algorithm changes could keep you ahead of your competition.
Don’t have Facebook set up for your dealership yet? Contact email@example.com to hear about how our GoSocial services can enhance the amount of leads your website receives.
Leave A Comment