How to Create a More Well-Rounded Business
With the craze of business that comes in different seasons for various dealerships, we often forget to take a step back and focus on the bigger picture of the business. Getting caught up in the chaos that can sometimes occur in a busy season, can quickly take away from this. Our hope is that this post will remind you to slow down for a minute, and strategize on how you can fit these small and easy techniques to better your dealership into your daily routine.
A recent article written by Inc about this subject is what caught our attention, so here are the top tips we agree can be small steps to helping your business become more well-rounded and ultimately successful.
- Make Time for Networking: It’s good to be consistently checking what events in your area, or surrounding area, may be good networking opportunities. Even if it’s just while you have five minutes of downtime, check out what might be good for you or a team member to attend and block it off on your calendar.
- Take Educational Breaks: TED Talks are a great way to build your professional development, without it feeling like work. Take 10-15 minutes during lunch to watch a TED Talk or two on a subject that inspires you. It’ll be a good mental break from your work, while still contributing to the overall well-being of the business.
- Follow Up: If you’re sending out an important email to a business prospect or other type of contact, be sure to set a reminder to follow up. Whether it’s an alert on your calendar to follow up in a few days, or an app to attach to your email, be sure to make this priority so that you don’t forget and don’t feel stressed about remembering to follow up. If your dealership uses Gmail for its email service provider, with their recent update there’s a reminder to follow up feature.
- Read Industry Articles: Be sure to peruse some articles related to your industry every day to keep a finger on the pulse of the latest happenings. It’ll also give you an idea on what updates might impact your dealership, or your customers specifically! Below are some of the industry newsletters we’re subscribed to. It’s quick and easy to sign up and you’ll have industry news in your inbox on a daily basis.
- Improve Your SEO: Is your dealership’s web presence where it should be? Is it on Google My Business? If not, you’re making some major Search Engine Optimization mistakes! It’s probably time to contact us at email@example.com to learn more about how you can boost your standing within a customer’s Google search inquiry. Already participating in SEO strategy? Then talk to us about launching Search Engine Marketing to guarantee the top spots of a person’s search results.
Interested in learning about more ways you can create a more successful business? Check out the rest of Inc’s tips here.