The Social Media and SEO Connection
We as marketers throw around a lot of terminology when it comes to your marketing strategy. Some of the top terms you’ve probably heard us use includes Search Engine Optimization (SEO) or the importance of utilizing social media for your dealership. Though often spoken about as two different strategy options, they also can uniquely go hand in hand to boost each other up.
Social Media can be used as a huge asset to improve a business’ SEO and here’s how:
- Referral Traffic: Posting great content on social media will drive customers to your dealership’s website. When this happens, it helps increase organic search rankings because Google is seeing increased traffic to your website.
- Advanced Visibility: By creating dealership social media pages, your business will earn more points within Search Engine Results Pages (SERP), which leads to better brand recognition and ultimately enhanced visibility
- Backlinks: Posting a link to your social media is not considered a backlink itself, however, it increases the chances of your website being found and potentially linked in another location, which ultimately contributes to your search rankings. Confused or want to learn more about what backlinks are and how they serve your business? Check out Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 of our backlinks series.
- Better Loyalty: Great posts lead to more loyal followers who create engagement around your post by commenting and creating a conversation. This helps lead to loyalty despite being pitched by the competitor!
- Higher Conversion Rates: Blog posts, pictures, infographics and/or videos you post should be viewed as a chance to reach a potential customer. These forms of media could lead to a website click and could possibly result in a conversion.
Don’t just trust us, see how these social media and SEO connection statistics from RankActive speak for themselves!
- 53% of Americans older than 12 are more loyal to brands they follow on social media
- Pages ranked in the SERP’s TOP 10 have average of 5,552 signals on Facebook
- Websites rank in the Top 10 received more than 888 social signals from Twitter
- 72% of Twitter followers are more likely to make a future purchase
Want to learn more about the link between social media and SEO? Check out this infographic on Social Media Today! Have questions about how you can boost your SEO through your social media strategy? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our social media offering designed just for dealerships like you!